Home | Site Map | Contact Us | Feedback | Links divider Skip to main content
Welcome to PBC Goulburn
Timetables | Bus Maps | Ticketing | School Services | News | Accessibility

School Free Travel

New South Wales Travel Passes

Most students residing in New South Wales are eligible to apply for free bus transport to and from school.

Such transport is provided only after presentation of an appropriate travel pass to the driver upon boarding the bus.

~ Top ~

Application for Travel by Eligible Students

Parents/Guardians must apply for a new travel pass in any of the following circumstances:

  • When the student has changed schools
  • When the student has changed residential address
  • When the student is moving from Year 2 to Year 3 at the same school
  • When the student is moving from Year 6 to Year 7 at the same school
  • When the student repeats a school year

https://apps.transport.nsw.gov.au/sstsLink opens in a new window.

Get Adobe ReaderLink opens in a new window.

~ Top ~

Use of Pass Issued to Eligible Students

Free school travel is only available between home and school for school attendance and is available on school days only. PBC Goulburn offers half fare travel to students with SSTS pass when traveling outside of school hours and school holidays.

Passes are not transferrable and must be shown on demand. Therefore all students are advised to carry their Travel Pass with them on all school days. Students must present their Pass to the driver upon boarding or to a driver or inspector when requested.

~ Top ~

Tickets Available for Students not Eligible for NSW Passes

For those students not eligible for Transport for NSW Travel Passes (for example Primary School students who live less than 1.6km (radial distance) from the school or High School students who live less than 2km (radial distance) from the school), ordinary sectional concession fares apply.

~ Top ~

Withdrawal of Travel Passes

Transport for NSW reserves the right to withdraw a Travel Pass if investigation shows the student to be ineligible. Following notification to the parent/guardian, any issued pass must be surrendered to the school principal or PBC Goulburn and subsidised travel will cease immediately.

~ Top ~

Replacement Passes

Should a bus pass be LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED a replacement pass is available from the office of PBC Goulburn, 124 Maud St Goulburn, upon completion of the appropriate application form and payment of $12.00 (including GST).

~ Top ~